Professional – Intensive – Authentic
Pan-Asian Cooking Course
Accredited by Thai Ministry of Education
Train for 6 weeks up to 12 months
STUDENT VISAS & INTERNSHIPS
This full or part time Asian cooking course training program is designed to introduce students to basic culinary skills and to teach the most popular Asian culinary arts such as Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean dishes. Instruction, recipes, and training materials are in English. After graduation, assistance is provided to students in obtaining internships at a resort or hotel. Internships are sometimes paid along with having free accommodations and eats provided. Internships are elective, not guaranteed, and difficult to obtain these days until tourists are allowed back into Thailand. Job placement assistance is provided free of charge for students successfully completing this training. Classes are small, and lots of personal attention is available.
ASIAN CULINARY TRAINING METHODOLOGY
Training is done as follows:
1. Theory Training (40 hours)- Training at prep stations, in the classroom, and at home (in the form of assigned homework), students learn subjects such as knife skills, food safety & personal hygiene (HACCP), food costing & measurements, ingredients, and kitchen utensils. Lecture and study manual are in English. Handouts, audio-visual aids such as whiteboard, PowerPoint, videos, and written tests are used to assist the teacher. Class participation is encouraged and homework is given and graded.
2. Culinary Training (200 hours)-
(A) Demonstration Class- Chef instructors explain and demonstrate cooking techniques and dishes.
(B) Practical Application- Students, using recipes and notes, are expected to properly prepare the same dish professionally and correctly. All dishes are checked by the instructor with constructive criticism offered. Each student has his own training station and works independently. Testing is done every Friday afternoon.
TO SEE OUR E BROCHURE, please click HERE.
CLASSROOM & COOKING SUMMARY (240 HOURS):
- Classroom Lecture & Homework—40 hours
- Cooking Training–200 hours
To see dishes & cuisines to be learned (by country), click HERE
ASIAN COOKING COURSE DETAILS:
TUITION: 90,000 THB ($3,000 USD) including 6 month Education Visa
INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE: FREE (when available)
Accommodations (optional): 15,000 THB ($500 USD) for 6 weeks while training at the school, includes private room with private bath, hot water, wifi, air con OR 9,000 THB ($300 USD) for 6 weeks in a nice hostel.
Accommodations: Click HERE to see other more expensive rooms.
Length of Course: 6 weeks (Monday-Friday for 30 days in the school) + internship placement assistance for up to 4.5 months
Intake Dates: Every Monday
Deposit: 25% required to hold a seat
Letters of Acceptance: For those coming to the school on a 90-day tourist visa once required deposit is received, provided free-of-charge
Student Visas: Assistance provided in obtaining 6 month education visas
Internship Placement: Assistance provided
Scholarships: Inquire for details
NOTE: All USD prices are subject to change based on daily fluctuations in exchange rates.
- Thai (4 weeks)
- Vietnamese & Chinese (1 week)
- Korean & Japanese (1 week)
Diploma awarded: Grand Master Asian Culinary Chef diploma
Instruction: In English
Recipes in English for all dishes, dips, pastes, sauces prepared
Lecture material, training manual, and hand outs in English
Class Size: Limited to 10
Graduation: Diploma and Ministry of Education certificate awarded upon satisfactory completion
How to Enroll:
- Send an email to Ron@ThaiChefSchool.com or click HERE indicating which Monday you wish to start.
- The school will confirm if your desired start date is available.
- Once your start date is confirmed, a deposit, usually paid using any major credit card, is required to guarantee your start date.
- Information on required Ed. Visa forms can be found HERE.
- Send us a copy of your passport so that we can start the process of helping you obtain a visa (tourist or student visa).
METHOD OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT:
Paid by Paypal, any major credit card, bank wire transfer, Western Union, cash, or by ATM transfer (if within Thailand). Remaining tuition, not paid as a deposit, is due the first day of the class paid in cash (THB or USD) or by credit card (+3%).
We set up interviews with hotels interested in training our students. We assist our students in obtaining interviews. There is no charge for this service.