ADMISSIONS, VISAS & INTERNSHIPS
START YOUR TRAINING TO BECOME A CHEF
- Make the following decisions—
- Choose your culinary program. To view our available programs, click HERE.
- Choose your visa (Tourist visa if studying less than 90 days, Education Visa for 6 or 12 months)
- Choose your start date.
- Choose your accommodations.
- Send email to Admissions@ThaiChefSchool.com indicating your preferences.
- If a seat is available, you will receive instructions on how to make your deposit. A deposit paid using any major credit card or by bank wire transfer is necessary to hold your seat.
- When you make your deposit, please send a copy of your passport homepage.
- Our team will verify your deposit and passport information and will email you with visa details along with other requisite information.
- 90-DAY TOURIST VISA—for those participating only in a 6 weeks training course.
- Once we receive your deposit and copy of passport, we will provide a school Letter of Acceptance.
- If you are using our accommodations, we will also provide a school Letter of Residence.
- Take these letters, along with other required documents, to the nearest Thai embassy for your tourist visa.
There is NO charge for this service.
- EDUCATION VISA—for students participating in our culinary program with internship.
- All Thai Ministry of Education required documents can be downloaded and completed HERE.
Other documents to submit with your completed application:
1. Criminal Clearance Certificate (check with the Thai embassy you will be applying at if needed)
2. High resolution digital facial photograph
3. Copies of front page of your passport plus every used page of your passport
4. Copy of certificate indicating highest grade completed
- It takes minimum 1 month to receive these documents back from Ministry of Education. Once received from MOE, you will be contacted.
- Take these documents along with others as required by your local Thai embassy for their approval. This is for a 6-month Education Visa.
NOTE: Minimum age to apply is 15 years, and you must have completed at least 6th grade.
A 15,000 baht non-refundable visa processing charge will apply.
While training at Thai Chef School, your resume will be submitted to our hotel partners for their review. Interviews, either by phone, Skype, or in person, will be necessary before you are accepted. Your resume will be submitted to several partners in Bangkok and Phuket (if you wish). Wherever you are accepted, plan on moving the weekend after graduation.
A 10,000 baht internship placement charge will apply.
- Initial deposit—once accepted into our program, a deposit is required. Payment of the deposit can be by using any major credit card, bank wire transfer, Western Union, or by ATM transfer if within Thailand.
- If by credit card, click HERE
- If by bank wire transfer, here are our banking details:
Account Name: Thai Chef International Co. Ltd.
Bank: Bangkok Bank
Saving Account No. 1794855120
Swift code: BKKBTHBK
Note: Please send copy of bank transfer confirmation once completed.
- Remaining balance, after deducting initial deposit, is due first day of class paid either in cash (THB or USD) or by credit card (+3%) at the school.
Thai Chef school has private rooms and hostel rooms available for its students—
- Private room with private bath, hot water, wifi, air con. Private rooms are basic but practical. Cost is 2,500 baht/week. Check in on Sunday afternoon and check out on Saturday mornings. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Hostel beds in a clean hostel near to the school. Cost is 1,500 baht/week.
To view other available accommodations in the area, please click HERE.