Our Chef in Thailand
CHEF LANNARAT (KING) JANTARANIYOM
Chef King is the person with immense passion and love for cooking. She is quite a proficient chef and understands the value of nutrition in the food. She has a belief that the right food nourishes both the body and mind and keep them in harmony. Her Thai cooking and fruit carving skills are second to none. Her students have high regard for her cooking knowledge and heartwarming nature. Learn the art of Thai cooking from the best in the industry while savoring the astounding sights from our hillside classroom.
1. Graduation in B.A. (Chinese Studies) from Prince of Songkla University, Phuket,
2. Intensive one-year Traditional Thai Cuisine program from Mandarin Oriental Hotel Apprenticeship Program (OHAP),
CULINARY & TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
1. 1 year as Sous chef at Elsie’s Kitchen, Singapore
2. 3 years as Head Chef at Thaksin Vocation Club, Thailand
3. Head Instructor for Thai cooking and fruit carving, August 2015-2018 at Phuket Thai Cooking Academy.
4. Thai Chef School–Director, 2018-present
CHEF JEAN-BAPTISTE (JB) LUCAS
Chef Jean-Baptiste (JB) was born in Brittany, France. At a very young age, JB acquired his love for cooking by working with his mom in their kitchen. His high school diploma and emphasis was in Hotel & Catering. After completing high school, Chef Lucas completed a 2-year technical degree in Culinary Arts & Gastronomy from Lycee le Paraclet. During his studies, he trained in Auberge les Morainieres (a 2 star Michelin restaurant) and was hired as a pastry chef. After completing one year, he then joined Les 2 Moulins French restaurant first as a sous chef and then as a chef for 2 years. Join him in Bangkok and learn authentic Pastry & Bakery Arts and Western culinary arts.
1. High school specialization in Hotel & Catering with honors
2. Technical 2-year degree from Lycee le Paraclet in Culinary Arts & Gastronomy
1. Auberge les Morainieres (2 Michelin stars) French restaurant as cook & pastry chef, 1 year
2. Les 2 Moulins French restaurant, 2 years as sous chef and then chef
CHEF LAOONGDAO (DAO) CHANAWONG
Chef Dao is a master cook in her own right. She is also famous as a smiling Thai cooking instructor. Chef Dao is certainly our best fruit carving instructor and specializes in teaching our private classes. If you really want to learn cooking some lip-smacking Thai dishes then we welcome you to take the demo class of chef Dao. She will constantly throw you new challenges to make you more proficient in cooking. Whether its Thai cuisines, vegetable carving, you will enjoy every moment in her class.
EDUCATION & TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting from Sisaket Business Administration College.
- Le Cordon Bleu Basic Cuisine Diploma, Bangkok, 2018
- Professional Thai Cooking Programme from Dusit Thani Culinary College.
- Dusit Thani Government Occupational Testing Certification, passed 2-day testing in cooking theory, practical skills, and fruit carving.
- Thai cooking and fruit carving instructor from 2014-2016 at Hua Hin Thai Cooking Academy.
- Thai cooking and fruit carving instructor, from 2016- 2018 at Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy.
- Thai Chef School–Classroom instructor & chef training, 2018-present
CHEF KAN NANTANAVANICH
Chef Kan, always smiling and confident teacher of both Thai and Western cuisines, brings lots of culinary experience from Thailand, Korea, and the U.S.A., having worked his way up from Line Chef to Head Chef. He is well-educated and speaks impeccable English. He is a pleasure to be around, work with, and learn from.
Queen’s College, Thailand–High school diploma
International Hotel & Tourism Industry Management School (I-TIM), a 2-year degree in Hotel Management & Culinary Skills
2017–Head Chef, Busan, S. Korea
2012-2016–Head Chef, high-end healthy food preparation & delivery (fusion & Thai), Bangkok
2009-2011–Kitchen internships at various hotels in U.S.A. and Thailand
Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy–Chef instructor, 2019-present
Thai Chef School–Culinary vocational training instructor, teaching Thai & Western cuisines,