Wok or pot
- 100 Grams Chicken, sliced
- 1 Cup Chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut milk
- 10 Slices Galanga, cut into thin slices
- 5 Leaves Kaffir lime, center vein removed
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass, smashed and cut
- 1 Stalk Coriander, cut
- 1 Coriander root, smashed
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Shallot, smashed and cut in half
- 1-2 Bird’s eye chilis, sliced
- 1 Lime juice (to taste)
- 1 tsp Salt (or 1 tbsp fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp Palm sugar
In a pot, add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add galanga, lemongrass, coriander root, kaffir lime leaves, and shallot.
Bring to a boil and then add chicken and mushrooms.
Add salt and palm sugar. Bring to boil.
Add coconut milk and chilies (to taste). Bring to a boil and then turn off heat.
Add lime juice to taste.
Top with coriander and chilis (for decoration).
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: