Pot or Wok
- 1 Cup Tofu, firm
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut milk
- 7 Slices Galanga, thin slices
- 3 Leaves Kaffir lime, center vein removed
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass, smashed
- 1-2 Stalks Coriander, cut
- 1 Coriander root, smashed
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Mushrooms, cut
- 2 Shallots, smashed and cut in half
- 1-2 Bird’s eye chilis, sliced
- 1 Lime juice, to taste
- 1 tsp Salt (or 1 tbsp soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp Palm sugar
In a pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add galanga, lemongrass, coriander root, kaffir lime leaves, and shallots. Return to a boil.
Add tofu and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
Add salt and palm sugar. Return to a boil.
Add coconut milk and chilis. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
Add lime juice to taste
Top with coriander and chilis (for decoration).
Serve with jasmine rice.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: