- Pot, blender or mortar & pestle
- 4 Red spur chilis
- 2-4 Hot chilis (optional)
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup White vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- Remove seeds from red spur chilis and slice
- In blender, combine garlic, peppers, vinegar, and water. Blend briefly.
- Put in pot, add salt and sugar plus ingredients from blender. Simmer for 10 minutes to dissolve sugar and to thicken.
- Turn off heat. It will thicken as it cools (can add corn starch to thicken further if needed).
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: