400 g Minced fish
1 cup Shrimp, peeled
200 ml Coconut milk
1 cup Cabbage, shredded
1 cup Sweet basil leaves
2 Tbsp Red curry paste
2 Tsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Fish sauce
2 Banana leaves
2 Red spur chilis, seeds removed
5 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
½ cup Coconut milk
½ Tbsp Corn starch
1 Tbsp Water
1. Red spur chilis—remove seeds, thinly slice, and soak in cold water.
2. Thinly slice kaffir lime leaves.
3. Put minced fish in bowl, add egg, red curry paste, fish sauce and sugar. Mix well then add coconut milk.
4. Make banana leaf bowls (or use a substitute).
5. In bottom of each bowl, add cabbage and sweet basil. Then add fish batter.
6. Put in steamer and place a shrimp on top of each batter. Steam for 20 minutes.
7. In a pot, add coconut milk (1/2 cup) and bring to a boil. Add corn starch & water solution slowly. Put in small bowl.
8. Turn off heat, top with thick coconut milk plus sliced kaffir lime leaves and sliced red spur chilis.
9. Ready to serve.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: