- mortar & pestle or food processor
- 1 tbsp Galanga, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander root, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp Kaffir lime skin, chopped
- 5 Dry red spur chilis, soaked, cut, seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp White peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- Remove seeds from red spur chilis, cut up, and soak in warm water at least 15 minutes.
- Chop up all ingredients
- Put dry spices in mortar and pound to a powder.
- Add red spur chilis and pound to a paste
- Add galanga and lemongrass and pound to a paste
- Add coriander root and kaffir lime skin and pound again to a fine paste
- Add shallots and garlic and pound to a paste.
- Scoop into a bowl and refrigerate.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: