100 g Shrimp
1 cup Cooked rice (dry)
¼ cup Onion, finely cubed
¼ cup Bell pepper, finely diced
¼ cup Tomato, seeds removed & diced
½ cup Pineapple, cubed
¼ cup Raisins
¼ cup Cashew nuts
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 stalk Spring onion, finely sliced
Phrik Nam Pla
2 Tsp Light soy sauce
1 Tsp Sugar
¼ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Turmeric powder
2 Tsp Yellow curry powder
1. Carve out bowl in pineapple halves
2. Combine seasoning sauce (light soy sauce, sugar, salt) in small bowl. In separate bowl, combine turmeric and yellow curry powders.
4. Shrimp—remove shell and devein. Leave tail on.
5. In wok, add 2 Tbsp cooking oil & garlic. Cook until fragrant then add onion, bell pepper, shrimp and cook at least 2 minutes on medium heat.
6. Add turmeric and yellow curry powders and rice. Use low heat.
7. Add seasoning sauce and mix well.
8. Add cashews, raisins, pineapple chunks, and tomato. Cook on low about 2 minutes.
9. Add spring onions, cook 30 seconds, turn off heat.
10. Plate in pineapple bowl placing shrimp on top.
11. Serve with Phrik Nam Pla dip.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: