- mortar & pestle or food processor
- 1 tbsp Galanga, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander root, chopped
- 1 tsp Kaffir lime skin, chopped
- 5 Dry red spur chilis, deseeded, sliced and soaked
- 1 tsp Shrimp paste
- 1 tsp White peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp Salt
- Remove seeds from dry spur chilis, cut up, and soak in warm water. Set aside
- In mortar, add peppercorns and pound to a powder
- Add soaked spur chilis (without the water), salt, and smash to a paste.
- Add galanga and lemongrass, smash to a paste.
- Add coriander root and Kaffir lime skin and smash to a paste.
- Add shallots and garlic and smash again
- Add peanuts and shrimp paste. Smash to a paste and now finished.
- Place in a covered bowl and refrigerate.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: