80 g Egg noodles
1 Chicken leg
2.5 C Coconut milk
1 cup Water
1-2 Tbsp Khao Soy curry paste
1 Coriander (leaves for topping)
2 Shallots, diced
2 Tbsp Pickled cabbage, chopped
1 Tbsp Chili powder with chili oil
1 Tbsp Palm sugar
1 Tbsp Fish sauce
1. Prep chili powder with a little chili oil.
2. Combine seasong sauce in a small bowl.
3. Coconut milk for cooking, you should have–
A. 1.5 cups of 100% coconut milk
B. 2 cups of 50% coconut milk 50% water
4. Egg noodles—2 parts:
A. Deep fry small amount of noodles until light golden brown
B. Boil remaining noodles in hot water for 40 seconds and rinse with fresh water.
5. In wok, add 2 Tbsp cooking oil plus curry paste. Once fragrant, slowly add pure coconut milk (1.5 cups).
6. Add chicken and seasoning sauce.
7. Add remaining coconut milk (50:50 mix) and cook at medium heat for 20-25 minutes, making sure to turn chicken.
8. Time to serve: first, put boiled noodles in bowl and then add cooked curry paste meal with chicken. Second, sprinkle crispy egg noodles on top. For garnish, add coriander leaves and some sliced red spur chilis. On side should be shallots, pickled cabbage, chili with oil, and a slice of lime.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: