Wok or pot
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, cut
- 2 Cups Water
- 6 Slices Galanga ginger, sliced thinly
- 4 Leaves Kaffir lime, center vein removed
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass, smashed
- 1 Tomato, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 Red shallots, smashed
- 1 Coriander root, smashed (if you can find)
- 1 Stalk Coriander, chopped
- 1 Stalk Thai coriander, chopped
- 1-3 Bird’s eye chilis, sliced (to your preference)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Palm sugar
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp Vegetarian Thai chili paste
- 1 Lime juice (to taste)
In a pot, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add chili peppers, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galanga ginger, shallots, coriander root and boil for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and boil for 5 minutes.
Add vegetarian Thai chili paste.
Add tomatoes and boil for 2 minutes.
While boiling, add soy sauce, palm sugar, tamarind paste, and salt.
Add coconut milk and turn off heat.
Stir in lime juice (to taste).
Top with coriander and chili peppers.
Serve with Thai jasmine rice.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: