400 g Shrimp
1 cup Tempura flour
1 cup Bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Palm sugar
3 Tbsp Tamarind paste
1.5 Tbsp Fish sauce
¼ cup Shallots, sliced
1 Tbsp Tempura flour
1. Slice shallots thinly. Batter with salt and tempura flour.
2. Prepare shrimp by removing shell and devein. Leave head and tail on.
3. Batter shrimp in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs.
4. Prepare tamarind sauce—combine palm sugar, tamarind paste, and fish sauce in pot and warm to dissolve all ingredients.
5. Fry shallots in wok on low heat to avoid burning. Fry until golden brown. Put on paper towel.
6. Deep fry shrimp on medium heat until golden brown. Put on paper towel.
7. Place shrimp on plate and garnish with shallots.
8. Serve with plum sauce or sweet chili sauce.
*RECIPES & VIDEOS–
Recipes presented here will vary some from your class. Every instructor teaches differently, and cooking is an art, not a science. No two chefs will cook the same dish identically. This is why the same dish eaten in multiple restaurants will all taste a bit different. There is no such thing as “one” perfect recipe. These recipes have been reviewed by us and prepared by one of our instructors.
VIDEOS are prepared by Chef Dao, one of our instructors. Here is a link to her YouTube channel: