Accredited by Thai Ministry of Education Train for 6 weeks OR 12 months INTERNSHIPS & GOOD PAYING JOBS AVAILABLE
This intensive 6-week training program is designed to introduce both Thais and international students to basic culinary skills and to teach students the most popular Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean dishes. This course is taught primarily in English. After graduation, students can elect to work as interns at a resort/hotel/restaurant for up to 4.5 months. Internships are often paid along with having free accommodations and eats provided. Internships are not mandatory. Job placement assistance is provided free of charge for students successfully completing this course. Classes are small, and lots of personal attention is available. CULINARY TRAINING METHODOLOGY Training is done as follows:
- Theory Training (40 hours) :- Training at prep stations, in the classroom, and at home (in the form of assigned homework), students learn subjects such as knife skills, food safety & personal hygiene, food costing & measurements, ingredients, and kitchen utensils. Lecture and study manual are in English. Handouts, audio-visual aids such as whiteboard, powerpoint, videos, and written tests are used to assist the teacher. Class participation is encouraged and homework is given and graded.
- Culinary Training (200 hours) :- (A) Demonstration Class :- Chef instructors will explain and demonstrate cooking techniques and dishes (B) Practical Application :- Students, using recipes and notes, are expected to properly prepare the same dish professionally and correctly. All dishes are checked by the instructor with constructive criticism offered. Each student has his own training station and works independently. Testing is done every Friday afternoon.
TO SEE OUR E BROCHURE, please click HERE.
OVERALL-2 PROGRAMS: PROGRAM A–only 6 weeks of training (30 days, Monday-Friday), 240 hours of culinary training at the school PROGRAM B--6 weeks of training at the school + 4.5 months of internship at a Thai hotel/resort/restaurant. Note: Internships are optional and consist of up to 4.5 months of at a Thai hotel/resort/restaurant, some are paid plus free accommodations and food.
CLASSROOM & COOKING SUMMARY (240 HOURS): Classroom Lecture—40 hours Cooking Training—200 hours To see classroom lecture topics and cuisines to be learned (by country), click HERE. To see what cuisines and dishes are being taught each week, click HERE.
TUITION: PROGRAM A :- All students (no internship and no 6 month student visa): 65,000 THB ($2,100 USD) PROGRAM B :- Includes internship (optional): Thai students :- 75,000 THB ($2,425 USD) Foreign students :- 85,000 THB ($2,750 USD) with 6 month student visa Note: All tuition includes a set of chef’s knives Accommodations (optional): 15,000 THB ($490 USD) for 6 weeks while training at the school, includes private room with private bath, hot water, wifi, air con OR 9,000 THB ($295 USD) for 6 weeks in a nice hostel.
Accommodations: Click HERE to see other more expensive rooms. Length: 6 weeks (Monday-Friday for 30 days in the school) + 4.5 months for those participating in our internship program Start Dates: Every Monday Cuisine Taught:
- Thai (2 weeks)
- Chinese (1 week)
- Japanese (1 week)
- Vietnamese (1 week)
- Korean (1 week)
Diploma awarded: Pan-Asian Culinary Chef diploma Instruction: In English (except as needed for Thai students) Course Material: Recipes in English for all dishes, dips, pastes, sauces prepared Lecture material and hand outs in English
Class Size: Limited to 10 Graduation: Diploma and Ministry of Education certificate awarded upon satisfactory attendance, participation, and test scores Deposit: 25% required to hold a seat Letters of Acceptance: Provided for international students upon receipt of deposit Visas: Assistance provided in obtaining tourist visas and 6 month student visas Internship Placement: Assistance provided NOTE: All USD prices are subject to change based on daily fluctuations in exchange rates. How to Enroll:
- Send an email to Ron@ThaiChefSchool.com or click HERE indicating which Monday you wish to start.
- The school will confirm if your desired start date is available.
- Once your start date is confirmed, a deposit, usually paid using any major credit card, is required to guarantee your start date.
- Send us a copy of your passport so that we can start the process of helping you obtain a visa (tourist or student visa).
METHOD OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT: Paid by Paypal, any major credit card, bank wire transfer, cash, or by ATM transfer (if within Thailand). Remaining tuition, not paid as a deposit, is due the first day of the class paid in cash (THB) or by credit card (+3%).
INTERNSHIPS: Work at selected high-quality Thai hotels/resorts/restaurants often for experience and often with pay, free room & food. For those who do a good job, employment opportunities are usually available. Up to 4.5 months of on-the-job training. INTERVIEWS: We are in constant contact with employers seeking entry-level pan-Asian cooks. Some represent cruise ships while others work with resorts and restaurants in Thailand. We assist our students in obtaining interviews. There is no charge for this service. To contact us, please send email to INTERNSHIPS: Work at selected high-quality Thai hotels/resorts/restaurants often for experience and often with pay, free room & food. For those who do a good job, employment opportunities are usually available. Up to 4.5 months of on-the-job training. INTERVIEWS: We are in constant contact with employers seeking entry-level pan-Asian cooks. Some represent cruise ships while others work with resorts and restaurants in Thailand. We assist our students in obtaining interviews. There is no charge for this service. To contact us, please send email to Ron@ThaiChefSchool.com, call +66 2136-9405 (School office), or click HERE