Professional – Intensive – Authentic
WESTERN CULINARY TRAINING
Accredited by Thai Ministry of Education
Train for 6 weeks up to 12 months
INTERNSHIPS & EDUCATION VISAS
This course is designed to introduce students to basic culinary skills and French, Italian, American, British, German, and Spanish cuisines. Classes are conducted in English. After graduation, students can elect to work as interns at a resort/hotel in Thailand or overseas. Sometimes this is a paid internship and usually includes free accommodations and eats. Internships are elective. Classes are small, and lots of personal attention is available from our chef instructors.
CULINARY TRAINING METHODOLOGY
Training is done as follows:
1. Theory Training (40 hours)- Training at prep stations, in the classroom, and at home (in the form of assigned homework), students learn subjects such as knife skills, food safety & personal hygiene, food costing & measurements, professional plating, ingredients, and kitchen utensils. Lecture and study manual are in English. Handouts, homework, PowerPoint, videos, and written tests are used to assist the teacher.
2. Culinary Training (200 hours)-
(A) Demonstration Class–Chef instructors will explain and demonstrate Western cooking techniques and dishes
(B) Practical Application—Students, using recipes and notes, are expected to properly prepare the same dish professionally and correctly. All dishes are checked by the instructor with constructive criticism offered. Each student has his own training station and works independently. Testing is done every Friday afternoon.
TO SEE OUR E BROCHURE, please click HERE.
WESTERN BASIC CULINARY TRAINING COURSE
PROGRAM A–6 weeks of training (30 days, Monday-Friday), 240 hours of culinary training at the school
PROGRAM B-6 weeks of training at the school + student visa with internship assistance at a Thai 5-star hotel.
Note: Internships are optional and available to those wishing to obtain on-the-job training.
CLASSROOM & COOKING SUMMARY:
- Classroom Lecture & Homework—40 hours
- Cooking Training & Testing–200 hours
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
To see the weekly training schedule with dishes and cuisines, click HERE.
TUITION: 90,000 THB ($3,000 USD)
EDUCATION VISA (6 MONTHS): 30,000 THB ($1,000 USD)
INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE: FREE
Accommodations (optional): 15,000 THB ($500 USD) for 6 weeks while training at the school, includes private room with private bath, hot water, wifi, air con OR 9,000 THB ($300 USD) for 6 weeks in a nice hostel. Click HERE to see other more expensive rooms.
Length: 6 weeks (Monday-Friday for 30 days)
Internship: This is elective, not mandatory. Can be up to 4.5 months at a Thai hotel or resort, if you choose.
Diploma Awarded: Professional Western Culinary Chef diploma
Intake Date: Every Monday
Cuisines Taught: French, Italian, British, German, other European, & American
Instruction: In English
- Recipes in English for all dishes, dips, pastes, sauces prepared
- Lecture material, training manual, and handouts in English
Class Size: Limited to 10
Graduation: Diploma and Ministry of Education certificate awarded upon satisfactory completion
Deposit: 25% required to hold a seat
Letters of Acceptance: For those coming to the school on a 90-day tourist visa once required deposit is received, provided free-of-charge
Student Visas: Assistance provided in obtaining 6 month student visas
Internship Placement: Assistance provided
Scholarships: Inquire for details
NOTE: All USD prices are subject to change based on daily fluctuations in exchange rates.
How to Enroll:
- Send an email to Ron@ThaiChefSchool.com or click HERE indicating which Monday you wish to start.
- The school will confirm if your desired start date is available.
- Once your start date is confirmed, a deposit, usually paid using any major credit card, is required to guarantee your start date.
- Send us a copy of your passport so that we can start the process of helping you obtain a visa (tourist or student visa).
METHOD OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT:
Paid by Paypal, any major credit card, bank wire transfer, cash, Western Union, or by ATM transfer (if within Thailand). Remaining tuition, not paid as a deposit, is due first day of class paid in cash (THB or USD) or by credit card (+3%).
Work at selected high quality 5-star hotels/resorts inside or outside of Thailand for pay and experience. For those who do a good job, employment opportunities are usually available.