We are pleased and proud to have Kru (teacher) Nat as our Head Instructor!
Chef Nat grew up in a small village on the banks of the Tha-Jeen river, just a short ways northwest of Bangkok. He acquired his love of cooking by helping his aunt Cha-Loy in the family kitchen. When he was young, she would send him out daily to fetch young tamarind leaves, coconuts, shrimp, fresh fruits, herbs & vegetables. Together, they would prepare various curry pastes, soups, and other traditional Thai meals. They did this together for many years.
After graduating from Srinakharinwirot University with a degree in Business Education, he realized his real love was Thai cooking. He thereupon enrolled in the intensive one year Traditional Thai Cuisine program of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Apprenticeship Program (OHAP). Upon graduation, he was recognized as their outstanding student.
Chef Nat has over 10 years of experience in both teaching traditional Thai culinary arts, fruit & vegetable carving, and as the head chef of several Thai restaurants in overseas countries. His experience speaks for itself.
CULINARY CHEF EXPERIENCE:
- Beijing, China—Head Chef, Phrik Thai Restaurant (Holiday Inn Lido), staff of 20, cooked for Royal Thai family members on visits to Beijing, 2 ½ years
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia—Head Chef, Siam 62 Thai Restaurant, 2 ½ years
- Singapore–Head Chef, My Thai Restaurant, 6 months
- Wandee Culinary School—Thai cooking and carving instructor, 4 years. Primarily taught foreigners who wanted to open Thai restaurants overseas and taught Thai nationals cooking skills in order to obtain overseas cooking positions.
- Sumita Culture Center—Thai cooking and fruit, vegetable & soap carving instructor, part time, almost 10 years
- Hand Craft Training Center—Vocational instructor, fruit and vegetable carving, 4 months
- Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy—Teacher of Thai cooking and fruit & vegetable carving, April 2011-present